LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running par2j.exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys. I'm trying to run an exe file (par2j.exe). The problem is being able to get the right cmd syntax and in the right order. I followed the command syntax provided with the exe but I cant figure it out. I created some recovery files of an image for testing purposes and just a simple demo VI that runs a self-test for the par2j.exe.

Initially, if anyone can show me how to at least run the "verify" command succesfully, then I think I can get the rest working. 

Thanks

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,733 Views)

Hi Kas,

To get the verify command work, I the entire string to the prompt should be :

par2j.exe verify Exit.jpg.vol26+4.par2

without the < > either end.

When I tried this I got “valid file not found”

Does this help?

James O’Neill – Applications Engineer – National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,709 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I tried it that way as well. but no luck. It should say that file doesn't need to be repaired. If the original file damaged, it should say so and indicate how many more blocks are required.
Than using the "recover" command, it should procede to recovering the original data.

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,705 Views)

It works for me if the filename is in quotes "Exit.jpg.par2"

MC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,693 Views)

Can you show the reply form?

Thanks

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,688 Views)

I tried the qutes and I get the reply as shown in the attached, and the message dowsn't say repair not needed, so I don't think its working. Also, the ERROR CODE should be 0 and not 1.

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,685 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zerotolerance

Well, I ran it again  & got the same "valid file not found" error as you. Weird. It's to do with the working directory not being set.

If you wire the directory to the "working directory" input of the System Exec function, it then works.

par2j snippet

par2j output

MC

Message 7 of 8
(3,679 Views)

Very Nice. That did it.

Thanks

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,674 Views)