From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotate through outputs

Currently using the SCXI platform and Labview 2011 sp1.  Until now its use was simply to record data.  We have now purchased 2 more cards, one to control outputs and a strain gauge card.  My question is if I want to do a sequence to control the output card, what would be the best way?  For example I want output 0 to come on for 2 minutes, then output 4 for 3 minutes etc...  I am somewhat familiar with PLC ladder logic so understand the function of a counter or timer but it appears that there is neither.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,001 Views)

I would recommend a state machine.  Have one state be an Idle state where you just use an Event Structure to look for a button press.  Set the timeout to something like 100ms.  That can then go to a state where you check the time that has elapsed.  There is a nice Express VI called Time Elapsed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,986 Views)