LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rolling string display

Solved!
Go to solution

hello.. guys here in my vi my aim is to create rolling sting display. i hav dne all the wrk but prblm here comes is i am unable to adjust the truth table in vi.....so plzzz any can tell me hw do i adjust my truth table..if possible try to give me a sloutin in another vi... n here i am attaching my code plz verify the code n solve the prblm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,055 Views)

hi,
first step : convert your string to boolean array. The easyest way is to create a 3D array with the coded letters. Then concatene 2D arrays corresponding to the string written to generate the string with booleans.

Second step : delete the first column, and place it to the end each 200ms : this will do a rolling string display...
I hope this will help you to find your solution.

best regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arvi

This is a easy method to convert your string to an array of bool.
I coded a,b,c,d, letters (so write abcdcba in input !)

toto.png

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,035 Views)

There is already a rolling character display somewhere on the forums, try searching for it. It includes a block diagram array of character maps in boolean form.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,018 Views)

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1180

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,014 Views)

Alternative way is to convert the text to an image using the Draw Text at Point.vi and then use the Picture to Pixmap.vi to get the pixel information which will be converted to a 2D boolean array. This way you can easily change the font parameters. See attached.

Ben64

Message 6 of 13
(3,008 Views)

hi buddy thanks for providing the code but i am unable to get the correct output.so if u can provide any material (such as any doc file which gives info about the code) of ur program it would be a great help for to proceed further in my work...:-)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,878 Views)
You marked your question as solved 6 months ago and you are now saying something does not work. You are not precise in describing what is exactly is incorrect or what code you mean.

And please, no ' text' speech. It is you and your and not u and ur.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,868 Views)

yes.... previously i have accepted the solution.but now when i thought of using that for my further work i find that there is problem and i could not find where the problem is.so if you send me any doc file or any format or text file. i will be able to recreate the program which would be great help for me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,865 Views)
You still have not described the problem or the code you are referring to.

There is a lot of documentation available on LabVIEW including several tutorials. Do a search.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,863 Views)