LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfsa and rfsg phase with labview

Hi, 

I want to know how I can measure My MIMO`s RFSA and RFSG phase with Labview . 

Thanks 

Ossan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Hi Ossan,

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you are looking for, but below is an article that describes one method for determining the phase difference between two signals in LabVIEW.

How Can I Determine Phase Mismatch Between Two Channels?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F4BB644ECCA595D886256FFE00722E29?OpenDocument

Hopefully this information is helpful!

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,955 Views)

Thanks for your document Josh ! My question was about the lag between RFSG and RFSA (do we have a lag/phase by generating a signal from the RFSG to the RFSA ... ) But those informations was usefull (not the one requested, but usefull 😉

Ossan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,947 Views)

Well your going to need to be a bit more clear here.  What signals do you want to compare? what is the hardware?  How many of each? (MIMO stands for Multiple In Multiple Out so that tosses in another question) Do you provide an external reference?

The "off the cuff" answer is that the RF Output of the RFSG is 100% in phase with itself.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,942 Views)

Im using 2 MIMO`s platforms, one with 1 Master and 3 slaves RFSA, and other with 1 Master and 3 slaves RFSG. By executing an AMPM  vi, I just obtain almost 600 M of gap betwennt my phases (1st - last) and by asking myself if that was normal, I just think about what should be the phase on the RFSG when generating and on the RFSA when receiving !  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,937 Views)

Try to work with me here OK? I can't see your hardware.

I Still don't know what your RFSA or RFSG's are.  I don't Know if you are configuring them to share the LO.  And I certainly have no clue what "600 M of gap" means in phase relationship!  And between the first and last WHAT?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,933 Views)

RFSA Master : PXIe 5652, PXIe 5601, PXIe 5622

RFSA Slaves : PXIe 5601, PXIe 5622

RFSG Master : PXIe 5652, PXIe 5611, PXIe 5450

RFSG Slaves : PXIe 5611, PXIe 5450 

Yes the master is sharing LO with slaves 

(I can`t give too much informations about this project so forget the 600M informations)

You have a pic of my hardware joint to this msg

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,929 Views)

That was helpful.  If I understand correctly you are not providing either 5652 with an external reference to lock them together right?  Perhaps you should.

If I recall correctly you can cable ref in/out to each other configuring one as the source and one as the slave.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,913 Views)