LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizing problem with waveform graph

In LV 2021.0 32bit on Win10 64bit, I have the folloing problem:

I have a waveform graphwith a visible legend. I want the Graph to fill the entire front panel and resize with the frontpanel, so "scale object with pane" is activated. This works fine as long as the whole legend is visible.

If by accident the legend is not completely in the visible secton of the frontpanel, resizing the width of the frontpanel will keep decreasing the graph. To problem occured after an accidental non-visible change of the graph position while editing the VI. 

The same happens when the VI is not running with a click on "fit control to pane". In the example Vi, if you click in "fit control to pane", the hight of the graph decreases. If you resize the front panel so that the legend is completley visible, a click on "fit control to pane" does what I expect.

Could this problem be prevented in the future by some measure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,339 Views)

Hello,

I've replicated this on the 21th and 20th versions and the behavior is the same.

I'm not sure that this is a bug. Could you please share a screenshot, maybe I misunderstand something?

(1,269 Views)

Hello,

I attached three screenshots: one before I clicked "fit to pane" and then one after I clicked "fit to pane" and the third after a second "fit control to pane". The control gets smaller with each "fit control to pane".

I also attached two screenshots where it works as expected and the graph actually fits the frontpanel afterwards. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,264 Views)

Hello AnnaNe,

Do I understand you correctly that the issue appears when the legend size is smaller/shorter than the graph size?

(1,225 Views)

Hello Va.KI,

the issue appears when the legend is larger than the frontpanel size.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,220 Views)

Hello AnnaNe,

Thank you for the clarification.

This might be a bug, however, I'm not sure. Will be better if you open a service request for NI technical support and report it as a bug.

After it would be good to have the solution/outcome documented here.

(1,191 Views)