LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizable front panel and output terminals

Hi All,

I'm exploring the possibilities of creating an application using subpanels in order to provide a smoother user interface.   I'm employing a horizontal splitter to provide a row of controls and indicators across the top with a large area below for the subpanel.  Each VI loaded into the subpanel will be formatted with a vertical splitter providing a control bar on the left with the larger right side my resizable area.  Among the issues I'm trying to understand is this:

I have my "main" vi where I wll load VI's such as setup, acquisition, and data viewer into a subpanel.  In those subVi's I want to have indicators that will be connected as output terminals for returning information.  In previous VI's I've written I'd lump some of these outputs off screen where the user would never see but where I could still wire them up to my connector pane.  However, I'm also making these VI's resizable with the window.  How do I tuck those indicators on the front panel so they are not seen by the user and still keep my resizable ability?
Greg Cole
“It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that ensures the prosperous voyage.”
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,159 Views)
After you wire the indicators to the connector pane set them so they are not visible. You can do that on an indicator by indicator basis or you can dump all the ones you want hidden onto a tab control (with just one tab if you want) and then just set the tab control to be not visible. Give it (the tab control) a name like "Hidden Controls & Indicators" and put its terminal in an obvious corner of yout block diagram so you can easily find it to "make front panel control visible" again if you need to.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,156 Views)