LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the phase of signal from osilloscope?

Hellow!
Anyone can tell me how to get the phase of a signal from an osilloscope? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,261 Views)

If you can capture the whole waveform data you could try running it through an FFT to get the phase information of a complex signal. If it is a simple signal you would have to define phase information relative to what? If you have a dual channel scope you can calculate the phase difference between them. Please give a little more information as to what your trying to see.

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,245 Views)
Thanks for you reply,the signal is a simple sine wave,i have two channgel osilloscope,i would like to know the phase difference between them,so what shall i do to compute the diference? do i need to do FFT of the simple signal?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,239 Views)
For a full 0-360 degree phase measurement, you will have to use a Hilbert Transform on your reference signal as shown in the attached.  If you don't use the Hilbert Transform, then you would only be able to measure 0-180 degrees.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,221 Views)
On a scope, measure the time between the rising edge zero crossings of the two signals and divide this by period of the signal.  Multiply this value by 2*pi and you will have your phase in radians.  That is if your scope can't measure it directly.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,222 Views)
Can you tell me why you will divide by "array max&min",what's the function of "ac&dc estimitor"? thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,202 Views)
Hi!Pursley:
Could you explain this method in detail,what's the meaning of "rising edge cross zero" and which peorid of time i should i devide? thanks! 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,187 Views)
Hi happybird Smiley Wink

rising edge zero crossings means the moment when signal cross the time axis... in other way of explaining, in time domain when signal cross the  time axis (x-axis)...

hope my explanation helps.... Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,051 Views)