LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset feedback node through button (Boolean)

Hi all, 

I am using feedback node, and I want this feedback node to be reinitialized whenever I a press button (means whenever my case strucutre goes false). I really don't know how to do that. I can reinitialize all of my values except "array size". Please find the VI attached. ( I'm beginner so I might be doing it in a very complicated way). One more thing I can't use shift register because I have to include this code in other VI and it will make things more complicated for me.

I hope there will be a simple way to reinitialize feedback node using boolean button.

Regards,

Amna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,815 Views)

Hi AmnaG,

Haven´t you tried adding the enable terminal?  You can do this by entering on the properties of the feedback node and enabling the "Show enable terminal" on the configuration tab of the properties.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,804 Views)

Hi Luis, thanks for your response. Yes, but it's just taking 1 value when I set it to false and operating same when I set it to true. Could you please explain how can I use it for my purpose.

Thanks,

Amna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,794 Views)

I would recommend to use a shift register instead. Here's a quick draft. Modify as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,786 Views)

Hi again,

Thanks altenbach for your clean draft. Now basically I'm extending this code in activeview.vi (BIOSEMI). Everything's is working fine except the array size. It resets automatically after 180 or 189 (sometimes) elements. I have no idea how it can renew by itself.

Any thoughts ?
I can't attach files here because it needs different files to open (.dll etc). 

Regards,
Amna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,722 Views)

What does the array size reset to?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,717 Views)

I mean when array size reaches to 180 or 189 it again starts from zero.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,708 Views)

@AmnaG wrote:

I mean when array size reaches to 180 or 189 it again starts from zero.

Just change your case structure to handle anything greater or equal to 180 and wire an empty array out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,681 Views)