cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace 1d array at specific point in 2D array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a 2D array with alot of information and only want to replace some data at a specific point... see image:Schermafdruk 2014-08-26 09.53.17.png

When i use replace subset i can only replace one element at a specific row and column...

Best regards,

Thijs Boeree

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,540 Views)

@ThijsBoeree wrote:

When i use replace subset i can only replace one element at a specific row and column...

So, use a loop. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,535 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

I think i allready got it... Without a loop!!

I use index array on the 2D array then i use replace array subset on the 1D array, here you can give an index and replace the 2D array again with the newly formed 1D array!

Message 3 of 8
(3,527 Views)

Hi Thijs,

yes, without a loop - but with a data copy in memory…

Programming such algorithms always has to consider more than just one parameter/side effect/limitation: computing speed, memory footprint, …

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,512 Views)

The correct solution is to change the small 1D array to a 2D array and use "replace array subset" with both indices wired.

It requires a 2D array such that the function know if it needs to replace going down or going right from the given index. It cannot deal with a 1D array directly, because the operation would be ambiguous.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

@altenbach wrote:

The correct solution is to change the small 1D array to a 2D array and use "replace array subset" with both indices wired.

Here's what I had in mind.

(If you want to replace down the column instead, simply add a transpose after the build array node.)

Message 6 of 8
(3,468 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
(If you want to replace down the column instead, simply add a transpose after the build array node.)

Message 7 of 8
(3,460 Views)

Wow that's a much nicer approach!

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,423 Views)