From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel reconnection problem

Hello,

I have created a real time application build for myRIO and i can succesfully run it as startup. After MyRIO reboots, through the Project Window i select Operate/Connect to Remote Panel. I enter the local network IP address 192.168.0.101 and port 8000 and the Front Panel of the Startup VI opens. I run it and everything is running as expected.

This setup is installed on a UAV and acquires data from scientific instruments all data is writen on a USB flash drive on myRIO

It is expected that sometimes the local network link will break during the flight. To simulate this i unplugged myRIO from the ethernet cable will the Data is saved.

I noticed the following strange things:

1. At time X  i connect to the remote panel and i start the DAQ which acquires data

2. At time X+10 minutes i unplug the ethernet cable which connects myrio to the local network

3. At time X+20 minutes i poweroff myRIO

I was expecting that after the connection was broken the VI would have kept acquiring the Data until myRIO powers off.

Instead i noticed that myrio acquires data for only 1 more minute after the ethernet cable is unplugged.

It is very important that after the UAV takes off whatever happens to the network connection the VI keeps acquiring data for as long myrio is powered on.

I also tried the web publishing tool but i could not connect using a browser. It seems that the web server was not running properly. I also noticed that the html file was not located in the target destination folder. I tried to manually copy it using a map networked drive but the file could not be copied.

I will appreciate any help on the above issues.

Thank you,

Christos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,361 Views)

Discussion continues here. This thread is now closed. Let's keep it all in one place.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,332 Views)