LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel reconnection problem

Hello,

I have created a real time application build for myRIO and i can succesfully run it as startup. After MyRIO reboots, through the Project Window i select Operate/Connect to Remote Panel. I enter the local network IP address 192.168.0.101 and port 8000 and the Front Panel of the Startup VI opens. I run it and everything is running as expected.

This setup is installed on a UAV and acquires data from scientific instruments all data is writen on a USB flash drive on myRIO

It is expected that sometimes the local network link will break during the flight. To simulate this i unplugged myRIO from the ethernet cable will the Data is saved.

I noticed the following strange things:

1. At time X  i connect to the remote panel and i start the DAQ which acquires data

2. At time X+10 minutes i unplug the ethernet cable which connects myrio to the local network

3. At time X+20 minutes i poweroff myRIO

I was expecting that after the connection was broken the VI would have kept acquiring the Data until myRIO powers off.

Instead i noticed that myrio acquires data for only 1 more minute after the ethernet cable is unplugged.

It is very important that after the UAV takes off whatever happens to the network connection the VI keeps acquiring data for as long myrio is powered on.

I also tried the web publishing tool but i could not connect using a browser. It seems that the web server was not running properly. I also noticed that the html file was not located in the target destination folder. I tried to manually copy it using a map networked drive but the file could not be copied.

I will appreciate any help on the above issues.

Thank you,

Christos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,770 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

What do you mean by duplicate. When i right-click the real time target in the Project Explorer Window and i select Duplicate it creates another copy. Then what. I can only set one as a startup. What should i do with the other one?

How  will this solve the problem when the connection with the host is broken?

Thank you,

Christos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,757 Views)

I am just saying that you posted the same question twice. Once here and once at the link when you press the word in my reply above. This thread is marked as duplicate to prevent two parallel discussions and duplications of efforts.

It is not neessarliy your fault. Sometimes the forum malfunctions and creates two copies of a question.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,741 Views)

I see 🙂 thank you. Very funny because i thought i had to do something with duplicating the real time target.

So regarding the above problem, is there any way to be connected remotely to the target and when the link is broken to reconnect without affecting the operation of the VI running?

For example, lets assume we connect to a remote front panel which has a simple VI with just a 1 second period timed loop running and for each iteration of the loop i monitor and i save the index of the loop. When i connect to the VI i request control and i click run. The VI starts running. After one minute, at loop iteration 60 the link between the host and the target breaks. The VI should continue running.

After 1 minute of broken link the network is again available.

What can i do to re-establish connection without affecting the VI operation and continue monitoring the VI. If reconnecting after 1 minute i will be expecting to see the loop iteration to be 120 and keep running. Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,738 Views)

Sorry, I am not very familiar with your hardware and the way it is programmed, but it should be easily possible to run the embedded hardware standalone, headless, and disconnected from the world for as long as it is powered. Something must be blocking in your case. Hard to tell from the limited information given.

Unfortunately, I don't have the right hardware to test it out. Hopefully somebody from NI will be able to help you. Good luck! 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,729 Views)