LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relative time

Hello all,

I have a Datataker DT85 logger and am using it with a driver to interface with Labview. I make the DT85 do some calculation before sending the data back to Labview like calculating the slope and my time difference between the current sampled temperature and the previous one to enter in a PID controller. The only problem I have is that the format being sent back to Labview is hh:mm:ss:SSS and Labview does not seem to understand it (See attached picture).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,380 Views)

@rcote1 wrote:

Hello all,

I have a Datataker DT85 logger and am using it with a driver to interface with Labview. I make the DT85 do some calculation before sending the data back to Labview like calculating the slope and my time difference between the current sampled temperature and the previous one to enter in a PID controller. The only problem I have is that the format being sent back to Labview is hh:mm:ss:SSS and Labview does not seem to understand it (See attached picture).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Technically, LabVIEW understand what you want to do perfectly - you're just not telling it to do the right thing.  😉

Try to convert the string into seconds (or mSec if that is more convenient).

I can't say more without being able to look at the actual code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,370 Views)

Your picture doesn't show how the string is being converted to a number.  As Billko said, attach your VI.

The format string for that format would be %<%H:%M:%S%3u>t

Also, Index Array is expandable.  You don't need to copy it 3 times.  Just drag the bottom border downwards.  You won't even need to wire the indices because they will be 0, 1, 2, 3, .... by default.

EDIT:  You will need to wire a 1 to the top index.  But the others will be 2 and 3 by default.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,343 Views)

Just try to go to the properties of the control.for example ,DBL numeric and set relative time mode in the data format section . I hope this works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,321 Views)

Sorry about that, I was posting from home and the VI is not accessible remotely. You might want to look at my other posting on vertical lines on a graph.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,304 Views)