LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding drivers on the Instrument Drivers Network

hey everyone

I have a question regarding the drivers for 'controllers' in the instrument drivers network. ni.com/idnet

The list of controllers there (for my application i need temperature controllers), are they the list that show which controllers labVIEW will be able to program with?

For my application I need to make a temperature profile in labVIEW and have it communicate to a PID controller and program into the controller that set point profile. Is it also possible to use labVIEw and have the program to change PID parameters (KI, KD, KP) in a 3rd party PID controller?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,557 Views)
If this is related to this, please keep everything in one place/thread.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,555 Views)
You may be in need of the LV PID Control toolkit also.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,553 Views)

Sorry didn't mean to jump threads.

Would the PID toolkit be the toolkit to change PID parameters in the 3rd party PID controolller?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,522 Views)

dyz wrote:

Sorry didn't mean to jump threads.

Would the PID toolkit be the toolkit to change PID parameters in the 3rd party PID controolller?

No I do not think you need the PID toolkit. The PID toolkit is needed if you want to build you own PID controller with LabView. What you need is to dig down in your PID controller communication protocol. You need to understand how you shal send instructions to your PID, or read from status info from it.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 5 of 6
(2,514 Views)
thanks coq rouge for your reply!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,505 Views)