LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview add-on checks for a VI

Hello all,

I am looking at updating a program for a customer that was not originally written by me (customer does not want to use the original vendor for whatever reason) and they've asked me to review their code.  I looked at the code with version 8.5.1 with misc toolkits on an existing Labview PC and cannot open some of the VIs (8.6) - I'm good there.  My concern is identifying what the toolkit dependencies required are (for instance: sound and vibration, vision, etc.)

My driver is that I have to purchase a separate PC and Labview license for this application (can't use the PC I'm viewing the code on) and need to know my costs up front - is there a quick way to evaluate a top level VI and all of the dependency VIs and know what version of Labview (pro, suite, etc.) and dependencies (sound, vision, etc.) are needed?

Many thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,692 Views)
There is this VI that will Retrieve VI Hierarchy.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 4
(2,675 Views)

Thanks for the response Phillip - that helps to list everything out for me (specifically interested in the controls)

I still need a way to associate the .ctl, controls, .lib, etc. to a specific add-on package from NI...any of the NI folks have a good way to do cross reference the controls, drivers, files, etc. to an associated LabVIEW package?  For instance - error.llb is a dependency of my program but I don't know if this is part of the base LabVIEW software or part of an add-on package.  Any ways to associate these?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,643 Views)

You might be able to determine some of the packages used by the directory structure. Many toolkits are installed in vi.lib\addons\.

If the path includes vi.lib\addons\internet, then the Internet Toolkit is used; TestStand utility VIs are in vi.lib\addons\TestStand.  I'm not familiar with IMAQ or other toolkits Smiley Sad

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 4 of 4
(2,616 Views)