LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time

Yeah, that's also where I got the idea to use a case structure, our professor. I just installed LabVIew 2009 Student Edition Trial on my laptop at home (came with the book), so I have 30 days, which is more than enough. At least here I can change my system clock. But alasp, that still does not solve my problem because my Boolean on this version is CONSTANTLY lit up, and it's not 10 PM nor is the Flood Level set above 250. I've only seen a few people in my class who have actually accomplished this themselves, well the first part at least. 

I figured out that the latest version I've provided works to SOME degree, however it is the opposite of what I want, whenever I set my System Clock to 10 PM, the light turns off

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(667 Views)

@JonCurry wrote:

I have removed the case structure as you suggested. I currently have a numerical control linked to a greater than or equal to as X, and the numerical constant of 250 as the Y variable. The output of that then links to an OR function (X), and now I am trying to add your method to obtain the current time to the Y input of the OR statement, and the output of the OR statement wired to a Boolean. So, ultimately, we need this Boolean to light up with the Numerical Control is 250 or higher, OR the current time is anywhere between 22:00 and 07:00. I'll send you what I have so far, it's 5:34 PM right now where I am, and it is lighting up even with the numeric control being under 250. Am I going to have to change my system clock to 10PM? 

Your code still shows the case structure.  But for the time, we are checking to see if the time is between 7AM and 10PM.  If it is in that time, the gate should be open.  So if you are saying that TRUE = closed, then you need a NOT after the time comparison.

Attached is what you should currently have with a certain modification.  I added a switch so you can use the system clock or a time you put in.  This way you won't have to muck with your system clock to check your logic.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 22 of 28
(657 Views)

I have up to there, but I can't test the program because I don't have any input for the first Get Date/Time To Seconds. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(641 Views)

@JonCurry wrote:

I have up to there, but I can't test the program because I don't have any input for the first Get Date/Time To Seconds. 

That's why I showed you code to simulate the time in my previous post.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 24 of 28
(639 Views)

Yeah, that is what I am saying, though. I have everything you have done, I forgot to remove the case structure in the last file but it's gone now. Does this seem on the right track? 

My mistake, I had the wrong function there. I replaced it with the right one, but still, I'm not having much luck with a result. 

Also realized I had 22 and 7 backwards, but it's still the opposite for some reason. My system clock is at 6:29 PM and the Gate is closed Boolean is active, but it needs to be off. Boolean Light = Gate is Closed. And the Gate is only supposed to be closed between 10 at night until 7 the next morning. The logic in that may be shot but that's what our professor wants. I believe the Stimulated time works, though. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(630 Views)

If you read my previous post carefully, you will see where I told you that you need a NOT after the time comparison.

GCentral
Message 26 of 28
(605 Views)

Oh my goodness! It's working! Thank you so much, man. You don't even understand how much I appreciate the help!!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(600 Views)

@JonCurry wrote:

Oh my goodness! It's working! Thank you so much, man. You don't even understand how much I appreciate the help!!

Now watch him want us to actually use case structures.

A College Kid desperate to pass this class.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(580 Views)