LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time clock display on labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hey guy , im doing a project on labview that i want to just make prettier for the lecturer

is there a way to add a clock to the front panel that will tell the time , ideally in h:m:s format

all help welcome 

thanks 

kevinSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,264 Views)

This is a VERY basic question.  I realize you're new to LabVIEW but please do even just a little research before falling back on a forum to get answers. Smiley Wink  

Drop a time stamp indicator down and wire the Get Date/Time VI to it.  That's it.  If you don't want to see the date right-click and go to the Display Format properties.  You can also resize and color it to make it pretty.  Have fun.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,246 Views)

Add a "Get Date/Time in Seconds" function from the functions pallete along with any neccesary format modifiers (see attached).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,239 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Adding to the great answers above: If you wish to create an analog clock face for your front panel you can work through the following example code:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7952

It is also noteworthy that within the LabVIEW community "Real Time" usually refers to a deterministic operating system (RTOS) or code running on an RTOS. More information can be found below
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3938/en/

Tim, CLD, CTD
National Instruments (UK & Ireland)
Solution
Accepted by kevinbarry92

Pretty cool Tim.  Here's an old one I had floating around that has a neat wooden face and the code is really simple.   It's in LV10.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 5 of 7
(8,170 Views)

Oh boy does this take me back.  Time to post one of my first LabVIEW programs. Clock Program

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,144 Views)

wooden clock looks awesomem, thanks thats exactly the kind of stuff i was looki ng for , thanks guys

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,096 Views)