From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading position information from smart camera 1772C from LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

generally what I am trying to do is to use a smart camera (1772c in my case) to process an image to find the location of a moving part (with template matching) then send the position data (x, y and angle) back to PC through Ethernet. From what I understand, I created several steps in VBAI 2015: 1. Acquire Image, 2. Vision Assistant to process the image, 3. geometric Matching to locate the part. I can see the position information I want from step 3. On LabView side, I can use the APIs provided with VBAI to run the inspection stored in the smart camera, but I could not find a VI to read the x, y data. In my case, I need to control some stages from newport, so I guess I have to use LabView.

so am I doing the right direction? if not, what should I do instead, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zrs5532

It is pretty complicated to assure you are following the most efficient sequence of image proccesing steps. Because, This would depends on multiple variables that affects the quality of the inspections you are performing. Since, you are the one who know the most about your particular application. I will say that it will make more sense to evaluate different possible sequences and use the benchmarking tool from the Vision Builder, so, that you can determine which of those sequences are the most efficient.

You can find a short guide on using benchmarking on the VBAI:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019SMISA2&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,842 Views)