LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send mail from labview

Hi,

I was able to send email from labview before. But now the same vi is not sending email, no error comes but it is not sending email. I am using gmail server to send, smtp.gmail.com as mail server and port-587.

Less secure apps acess to my email(sender's email in vi) is allowed.

I also checked with the example code "send email using SMTP client.vi" is also not working, no error comes but mail is not sent to recipient.

I am unable to find out the problem.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,436 Views)

Phone call to the mechanic.

You:  "My car is making funny noises, please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?"

Mechanic:  "Perhaps you should bring it into the shop so I can actually look at it."

Same situation here.

If you want help, try attaching a VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,421 Views)

You can also try it the old way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,416 Views)

Sorry for not attaching the VI. Please find the attached vi.

Example code is also not working in my PC. Not working means the code is not doing the work, it is supposed to do.

I guess example code is not working means there is some problem in setting. I have checked accessebility of my email, it is setted to allow access for less secure app.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,400 Views)

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but were you ever able to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,336 Views)

@Amanda.Ison wrote:

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but were you ever able to solve this?

I don't recall exactly which part of my gmail profile I found the spot but I had to create an application specific key for my account and use that account as the sender's e-mail.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,328 Views)