From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading from serial port

Thanks. I am sure that it wasn't used with another program.

What my guess is that because this device that I connected to the port #x has a problem of sending! may be this is the issue. I can investigate it better till Tuesday with my new device!

🙂

Sb

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(2,093 Views)

The device you have connected is irrelevant. VISA does not know or care what you have connected. You could get that error with nothing connected to the com port. The error is referring to the com port itself. Windosw does not allow more than one process to access a com port at a time.

Message 22 of 36
(2,079 Views)

Then it is too bad. YOu mean evern without labview, I still have this problem?

Is there any way? to read from two port?

Thanks;

Sb

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(2,069 Views)

There is no problem with reading from two ports. It is done all of the time. The last time I did it was last Thursday. You have a local problem that you need to resolve. Something, whether it's MAX, a modem program, whatever, is also using one of the ports.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(2,065 Views)

I see. Now make sense. As long as I make sure the LabView program is working correctly, and no problem with configurations, then I can take care of other problem.

Sb

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(2,059 Views)

@skh wrote:

I see. Now make sense. As long as I make sure the LabView program is working correctly, and no problem with configurations, then I can take care of other problem.

Sb

Actually, just the opposite.  You need to take care of the other problem before you can know for sure your LabVIEW program is working correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(2,040 Views)

I tested two ports seperatly and symelteniosly with two different programs. I run one port with Hyperterminal, and another port with BrayTerminal. I received data. So there is no problem with Windows.

The problem wih LabView it may my devie. As I mentioed one of the port gave me wrong value because of the funcionality of my device. I can be sure by Tuesday.

I appreciae all of your helps.

By the way, can I ask  a question about the string?

Cheers;

Sb

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(2,027 Views)

I already told you the error has nothing to do with the device. Of course, closing those programs may cause the error to go away and then you'll think that swapping the device fixed it. Simply not true.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(2,015 Views)

@skh wrote:

I tested two ports seperatly and symelteniosly with two different programs. I run one port with Hyperterminal, and another port with BrayTerminal. I received data. So there is no problem with Windows.

The problem wih LabView it may my devie. As I mentioed one of the port gave me wrong value because of the funcionality of my device. I can be sure by Tuesday.

I appreciae all of your helps.

By the way, can I ask  a question about the string?

Cheers;

Sb

Try the same thing in MAX, then you can see how it works in LV environment.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(2,003 Views)

I am not familiar wih LV environment. What is that? I couldn't find it online. IF you could please give me a link.

Thanks a lot;

Sb

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(1,983 Views)