LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read or write to fpga i/o node

Solved!
Go to solution

I am unable to read or write to a FPGA I/O Node.  The write is greyed out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,174 Views)

1.  Do you have LV FPGA installed?

2.  Are you in a LV FPGA project? (this is my main guess)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,171 Views)

Have you assigned any physical channels to the project?

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,167 Views)

yes to both questions..I can drop a FPGA I/O fine but when I got to wire up a boolean the line is broken

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,159 Views)

yes, they even show up in the FPGA vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,158 Views)

What does the error say when you hit the "Run" arrow (or hover over the broken wire) after wiring to the IO node?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clint100

Are the DIO module's channels set to write? You need to go into the properties for the module and select this. Find the module in the project, right-click and choose properties. I don't know which module you have, but if it's 8 channels you can usually do it in groups so you can set channels 0-3 to read or write, and channels 4-7 to read or write. But, you can't have each individual channel have it's own settings, just FYI. Although, this may be different on certain modules.

I would suggest looking at the settings.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,147 Views)

Here is a screen capture.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,130 Views)

Looks like the cluster isn't carrying the IO Item information properly.  Can you attach your project (including all FPGA VIs), showing how you're bundling that cluster?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,106 Views)

It was as Nathan had said.  When I cut and pasted the FPGAI/O from another project the links to the Target were broken.  I had to delete them in the project, recreate them then link them to the connector.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,100 Views)