LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

railway circuit picure design

Hello there,

I would like to draw a railway track on the front panel and I am unable to find a solution on this aspect. I would like to draw the sinoptic that is been attachet to this mail, and to dinamicaly change the color of the sections  (from black to red for example).
I mention that I have a LV 7.1 installed and this project is been done for the final examination ta the faculty.

The picture is simple, like the attached file, it has 8 parts. I would like to change the color of each section when the phisical train is present on that particular section of the railway. I have the NI board and the train circuit and some aditional hand made circuits. I am stucked in this point where I cannot draw the circuit on the front panel.

Thank you so much for you support!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,510 Views)
You forgot to attach the file !
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,506 Views)
I tried to...but when i took a look at the post (usin "preview post") the file wanished...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,503 Views)
You can customize for instance LEDs to solve the request. You only have to create fitting images for this on your own....

hope this helps,
Norbert
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 14
(3,498 Views)
To make the discussion complete:

I would suggest you to look into the LV picture control for this problem.

I have done similar things for a client of mine using the picture control. It is the most flexible way to go.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,494 Views)
When I have tested a single circuit section, I have done the job with one color box, and it was ok. The LED's solution looks ok but it represents the final solution if I cannot solve the problem in another way.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,490 Views)
About "LV picture control " discutions, there are a lot of break points and a lot of particular information and I get confused because LV is quite new for me. If anyone can give me a direction that I can follow so that I can go to the nex step? the LED's ideea looks ok but if there is another way to do it, I'll be interested.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,481 Views)
Try to go with the boolean indicator as proposed by Norbert, since the picture control is a rather advanced topic. You can create a tyde definition of a boolean indicator and replace the picture with new pictures depicting the various railway sections. The true state gets the color of a free section and the false state get the color of an occupied section (keep in mind safety, faulty section should indicate occupied section).
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 8 of 14
(3,462 Views)
I understand the LED's ideea and the cuting of small picures so that I can come to a definit circuit but when I put a picture into a picture control box, the box has the shape of a rectangle and it's still a problem, I cannot draw something in diagonal or circular ...the picture contains something circular but the picture control box is rectangular and is the same situation with the color box.

any solutions?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,397 Views)
Try customizing a boolean LED indicator. Select the boolean led indicator and place it on the front panel. Then right click the indicator and select advanced->customize. This allow you to replace the standaard pictures of the led indicator with your own pictures. Then save the indicator as a typedef and voila, you have one piece of the railway track that can only take 2 values, free and occupied.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,365 Views)