cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The back-end compiler failer"-ERROR

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I get an error saying "The back-end compiler for this deploy failed with an exception while processing this file. The file may be corrupt or there may be a but in the back-end compiler. Consider undoing recent edits or restarting the application" The error came up when I deleted an empty for-loop. When I redo the change the error disappears. How can I get rid of this for-loop? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,153 Views)

Hi, 

I get an error saying "The back-end compiler for this deploy failed with an exception while processing this file. The file may be corrupt or there may be a but in the back-end compiler. Consider undoing recent edits or restarting the application" The error came up when I deleted an empty for-loop. When I redo the change the error disappears. How can I get rid of this for-loop? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,155 Views)

Attach your VI (not a picture, the actual VI that produces the error).  There might be something "wrong" that you did, but without knowing exactly what that was, guesswork would be futile.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,137 Views)

It is the for-loop in the second sequence-frame

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,122 Views)

Hi Robo,

that FOR loop is unwired, so the compiler will fail.

After all it is your fault…

Btw. when you create new threads you should indicate whether you have problems with "classic" LabVIEW or with LabVIEW NXG: it greatly helps to find the right audience!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,116 Views)

As mentioned in the original post, the compiler fails after I delete that FOR-loop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,112 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RoboNuC4

Thank you for attaching your code.  This was the first hint that you were dealing with a relatively new product, LabVIEW NXG 3.1, which is sort of "new", one might say possibly not ready for Prime Time.  However, I opened your code, deleted the For Loop, closed the Project, had LabVIEW generate one of its "Something strange happened when you closed the file, do you want me to tell NI about it? (to which I said "Yes").

Some comments:

• Nothing would have happened if you didn't attach the code.  Of course, it is partly our fault, we never thought to ask if you were using NXG (many of us are also "newbies" with NXG).
  • LabVIEW 2018 and 2019 (not NXG, just "regular LabVIEW") also generate (for me, at least) random errors on closing Projects.  No reason why, I ascribe it to sloppy shutdown of the Development System. 
  • LabVIEW is pretty complex, has a lot of "moving parts", and orderly shutdown can be difficult.  So I'm not particularly bothered if NXG also may have some quirks. 
  • I was able to open the saved version, and the For loop is still absent.  I did not get a "Back-end Compiler Failure" error.

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 8
(3,062 Views)

Many thanks, Bob! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,046 Views)