LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Methods" displayed on .NET Invoke Node

For some reason the invoke node is telling me there are no methods available in my dll. The .NET constructor node and the invoke node both have no problem recognizing the dll and the constructor, but for some reason they're not seeing any methods. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I made sure the class itself is public on the C# side, and any methods I need to use are also public. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
(3,521 Views)

Hi Brian,

Below I have linked some NI documentation and community resources which go through the process of calling .NET dlls in LabVIEW.

Calling .NET Assemblies from LabVIEW

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Developer-Center-Resources/Calling-NET-Assemblies-from-LabVIEW/ta-p/3523180

Requirements for Using .NET Assemblies in LabVIEW
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvconcepts/net_defaults/ 

Have you tested the dll in C#? Or is using it in LabVIEW the first time you've tested it?

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,464 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the documentation, and everything I have seems to be in line with what is said in the documentation. I have tested the dll in C# and everything functions as expected. It just seems strange to me that Labview can recognize the class and the constructor, but has trouble seeing any of the methods contained in it. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,453 Views)

Hi Brian,

I found some NI documentation that might point you in the right direction, linked below.

Why Can't I See Methods for the Calculator .NET Shipping Example

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D71B8CC03F39872B862571060071130B

This discusses a solution to being unable to see methods from a .NET Invoke node, on an older version of LabVIEW. By the way, what version of LabVIEW are you using?

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,444 Views)

I checked the link provided and made sure I was doing everything listed, still showing no methods in my project. I will say that the calculator example does work on my end no problem. I'm using Labview 2015 sp1.

Message 5 of 9
(3,418 Views)

Hi Brian,

Could you post a screenshot of your code so I can see what is going on, on your end? I have tried to recreate the issue but am unable to do so.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,398 Views)

Were you able to resolve this (3 years ago)?  I have a similar issue using 64-bit LV2018.  I have a C# DLL and I am unable to see the methods of a child class that should be available.  We have been hacking around it by making a separate class in the DLL that calls the methods of the child class, but it would be much more convenient to NOT have to do this.  I can see the methods of the parent class, but the methods of the child are not available and the invoke node shows "no methods". 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,002 Views)

Do those methods you can't see contain by any chance generics as parameters? List<something> for instance?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,987 Views)

Nope, but thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,938 Views)