From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Make this the default case" not showing in dropdown box

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a case structure with a string type selector.  So I need a default case.

All the instructions say to right click on the selector and click the "Make this the default case"

label.  It does not show up when I do this. My LabView is Version 18.0f2 (64 bit)

no default case.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author snarkysparky

Start by wiring your string to the Case Selector terminal.  It looks like the wire did not correctly connect because your case selector is green indicating a Boolean type instead of magenta which would indicated a string.

After that, you should see the "Make this the default case" appear in the drop-down menu.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,294 Views)

It looks like you did NOT wire the string to the case selector.  The case selector should turn pink to match that of a string data type.  It actually looks like there is a tunnel underneath the case selector.  Fix your wiring and it should do what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,293 Views)

Your case selector is green.  That means it is a boolean.  There is no default because yo have to choices.  True,  False.

Wire up a string, numeric, or enum if you want something that will have a default case.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,292 Views)

Hi,

the String Input tunnel is hidden under the boolean case selector. So you didn't have an string case selector. The color of the case selector input is green, and that's boolean. Boolean doesn't need a default case. If it is a string type selector, it would be pink/red....

Regards

Kay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,290 Views)

Awesome,  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,281 Views)