LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Library information could not be updated" message?

Hi Thoric,

 

I am glad that you were able to get everything working!

 

If this does happen again we would like to hear about it. We do recommend creating a new post and post it on the main page here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170 so that it can receive more views.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(415 Views)

OK, I did some deep digging and worked out my issue.

I had a VIP installation that was placing a library into vi.lib with bad links to missing dependencies. When that library was being loaded as part of a bigger project, LabVIEW was baulking at the missing deps and, instead of showing me the usual conflicts resolution window, I was getting this odd notification. One for each bad link.

I resolved the issues in the VIP distribution and now my problem is solved.

If anybody wants further details I can post here.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)


0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(399 Views)

Hi,

 

I've just run into the same issue, but fortunately, I've managed to fix the problem. In my case, there were some files in a library that Labview was unable to locate because I moved those files on the disk. I deleted them from the library, then re-added those files, and the message

didn't show up afterward. Please look into your libraries which you are using in your project if there are some unlocatable files.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(159 Views)