LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"External sample clock" and "Rate" for digital input acquisition

Dear all,

I want to acquire digital input (21 bits with external clock = 50 kHz) with a PCIe-6343 NI board. Using the  DAQ assistant under Labview, I selected the advanced timing with the sample clock time parametrized as External. However, it is also possible to select the Rate of the acquisition. In my case, i want to get the data at the rising edge of the external clock signal, so at a frequency of 50 kHz.  How can I do that ? I just need to put a Rate of 50 kHz ?

thanks for your help.

Cedric 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,405 Views)

Cedric,

dddsdsds wrote: 
[...]In my case, i want to get the data at the rising edge of the external clock signal, so at a frequency of 50 kHz.  How can I do that ?[...]

You answered your question already. If you want to use an external clock, you have to configure the timing source of your task to be external. In order of proper buffer configuration, you should enter 50kHz as rate in addition to the external configuration, but this will not influence the speed of the acquisition (since it is "clocked" externally!)

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,393 Views)