LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disabled" functionality of property node in global variable

I have a "Ring "global variable and  I am requried to disable it from a different sub vi. I am wondering how I can get the "disabled" functionality of a property node, in the global variable. is there a way ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,377 Views)

"Disabled" is not allowed on global variables.  It makes sense if you realy think about it.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Global Variables are already a "different" vi.

I don't know what you mean by disabling a global variable.  A global variable is a means to transfer data between VI's.  It is not a user interface element.

Do you mean that you have a Ring control in one VI and you want to disable that Ring control in a different VI?  If so, you can pass a reference of that ring control from one VI to the other and use the Disabled property node acting on that reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Global Variables are already a "different" vi.

I don't know what you mean by disabling a global variable.  A global variable is a means to transfer data between VI's.  It is not a user interface element.

Do you mean that you have a Ring control in one VI and you want to disable that Ring control in a different VI?  If so, you can pass a reference of that ring control from one VI to the other and use the Disabled property node acting on that reference.

Hi RavenFan,

Yes I do need to disable the ring control from the different subvi, I will try using reference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)