LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disabled and greyed out" background colour

Hi all

I have a question regarding the "Disable and greyed out" functionality, regarding the greyed out color.
I have a tab container with the background color blue and the foreground white. I then have a white decoration with blue edged and on this decoration, different controls placed. When I then use the "Disabled and greyed out" functionality on these controls, the greyed out shade seems to use the blue background from the tab container and not the white color from the decoration.

01.jpg02.jpg

I have also tested this with a red tab color.

03.jpg

I would like the greyed out function to inherit the background color of the white decoration, instead of the tab color.

Best regards
Karsten

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,930 Views)

Sorry to say that I don't think there's an OoTB solution. Some workarounds though.

Simplest one is to put the controls in clusters. The clusters shouldn't be transparent.

This also works with SubPanels. The SubPanels shouldn't be transparent. That could be  a lot of work, but might not be a bad choice in the long run.

The controls simply take the background of the (first non-transparent) 'layer' the are in. That is the VI, tab or cluster. So you can consider making the tab transparent, and the VI the color you want (white in this case). Then make the tab appear blue with a decoration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,904 Views)

What would it look like to put those 3 controls into a cluster, set the cluster to be same size as the decoration and disable the cluster?  It would make that whole section take on the blue background when disabled and grayed.  Might be a nice effect.  If you don't like that, set the cluster background to be same as the decoration and disable the individual controls inside the cluster.  Then the disabled controls will take on the color of the cluster background, not the tab background. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,897 Views)

Something like this....(sorry for the hideous colors.)

2019-03-18_9-18-54.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,894 Views)

I agree that there might be a bug in the way text background transparencies are handled if a control is grayed out. In my case I have controls with transparent labels/boolean text, etc. and when they are grayed out, the text parts show a grey background that is (very, very!) slightly darker grey.

(These are on a tab control and if I change the tab to a different color it is obvious that these text labels are not opaque.)

opaquetransparent.png

(This is LabVIEW 2015 and it seems to look better in 2018 but I have not investigated in detail.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,881 Views)