From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick info baloon

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, 

in windows there you can find on system tray Ethernet connection , when its connected its will shows the connected information also it will shows us to any error indications.

can i able to generate the infos. using labview....? i thinks that must be very useful for data acquisition.

please find the attachment. 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,335 Views)
Where exactly do you want to display these and on what? On a front panel? If you enter information into the documentation for a control/indicator then that information will displayed in the Context Help window if you have it open. You can also enter tip strip information.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,328 Views)

tool trip is different.....

on my system tray i must show my exe on the above i should show this balloon tips .... 

example: when the acquisition starts and stops.

do you understand now?

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,322 Views)

There seems to be some relevant info here including a mention of balloon tips.... 

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10683

Let us know how you get on - this could be vary handy!

edit: another possible source is here. The download includes a vi which shows exactly how to do this - seems to work a treat.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3915

Message Edited by _Ian_ on 04-30-2010 03:21 AM
Message 4 of 8
(3,283 Views)
The .NET solution was where I was going to point the OP as well, once it became a bit more clear what they were looking for. One additional note: you will have to configure the app to run as a service in order to appear in the system tray. Do a search, as this has been asked before. There's also a KB article on how to do this, as well as a complete example.
Message 5 of 8
(3,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Balaji_DP
Wow that LabVIEW library is very cool!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,238 Views)

smercurio_fc,

Have you configured a LabVIEW app that uses the .NET system tray as a service?  Will the icon be shown in the tray when the user logs on?  I tried using the Task Scheduler to run my system tray LabVIEW app (not configured as a service) at system startup, but the icon did not show up in the tray when I logged on. I ended up having to set it to start when any user logs on, and delay the start for 30 seconds.  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the system tray already needs to be visible when the program starts up.

I sure wish NI would add service-creating capability into the Application Builder.  There is enough capability in LabVIEW now where the desire to configure apps as services will become more prevalent.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,644 Views)

@wired wrote:

smercurio_fc,

Have you configured a LabVIEW app that uses the .NET system tray as a service?  Will the icon be shown in the tray when the user logs on?  I tried using the Task Scheduler to run my system tray LabVIEW app (not configured as a service) at system startup, but the icon did not show up in the tray when I logged on. I ended up having to set it to start when any user logs on, and delay the start for 30 seconds.  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the system tray already needs to be visible when the program starts up.

No, I haven't. Sorry.

I sure wish NI would add service-creating capability into the Application Builder.  There is enough capability in LabVIEW now where the desire to configure apps as services will become more prevalent.

Vote: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/New-build-option-Service/idi-p/943246

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,634 Views)