LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 6221

Hello,

I want find an example vi to setup the DC Voltage (for example 2.5 VDC) for Analog Ouptput 0 of PXI 6221. I can set up the output in MAX via the test panel. However, I could not find example vi in DAQxm for setup of DC Voltage output, although there are some other example to set up output of sine waveform or other waveforms.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,327 Views)

PXI 6221 is an analog input.

@James_Creation wrote:

Hello,

.... I can set up the output in MAX via the test panel. ...

I am impressed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,308 Views)

Hi Ben,

It has 2 Analog Outputs, AO0 & AO 1.

Any instruction and suggestion are more than welcome.

James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,299 Views)

If that is true then from inside MAX save the task.

Go to a LV block diaram, drop a DAQmx task constant.

Select the task you saved.

Right click the task constant and choose "Create config and example"

It should write the example for you.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,296 Views)

Hi Ben,

I tried to create a task in MAX. However, it is automatically set up the waveform. I can only select sine, square, or other waveform. There is no selection for Constant DC Voltage.

I can find similar example vi's in Labview 2015 examples folder for these waveform outputs, but not Constant DC Voltage Output, which is what I want to set up.

Thanks a lot for more instructions,

James

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,274 Views)

Then you are going to have to write some code. Start with a task with a sine wave of amplitude "0". Then all you have to do is figure out how to add an offset.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,271 Views)

Hi Ben,

As per your instruction, I may modify an example vi directly in Labview platform. Am I right?

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,267 Views)

Yes but make sure you never save over any of the code in the National Instruments folders or sub-folders.

Check out some of the tutorials because it sound like you are just getting started.

Ben

Message 8 of 11
(3,264 Views)

Yes, I got it,

Thanks a lot Ben,

James

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,259 Views)

Good Morning Ben,

I would like you give me more help.

I modified an example and save it in our test PC. It runs well independently by itself. However, when we use it in Teststand for a separate step, it does not run itself. Instead, it does nothing. But the run icon has a arrow inside. Whatever we click on any button, it does not respond. We can only close the window to stop it.

After that, we can still run it separately in LabView platform.

Could you give some instruction?

Yes, I am new to use Labview.

Thanks a lot,

James

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,165 Views)