From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

put data break into text data file

I need a way to identify a break in triggered data in a text file so the user can quickly find the data groupings. I am using a Write to Measurement vi and am Triggering the data to feed the write.  I tried to put in a Write Text item to write some line feeds when the triggering stops but had a problem with two things trying to write to the same file.  I also tried to Append Signals some zero data to form a visual marker and was not able to limit the zeros to just a few.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,373 Views)
Depending on the data format you can use a "line feed" While writing the data itself after certain defined conditions.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,369 Views)

ITEuser wrote:
I tried to put in a Write Text item to write some line feeds when the triggering stops but had a problem with two things trying to write to the same file. 

Were you doing this while the Write to Measurement File was actually running? There should be no problem appending to the file using the file I/O functions. However, you will not be able to use Write To Text File by itself since that will try to overwrite the file. You will need to open the file, set the file position to the end, write your linefeed, and then close the file. All of this, of course, after the Write to Measurement File has completed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)