LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puchasing and upgrading LabVIEW

I just need some advice / looking for opinions. 

I was just hired at a new company, partly for my LabVIEW experience.

My boss has the LV 2014 SP1 full development version, and has the application builder add on.  

He would like to upgrade his version to the Professional Development system and buy the professional development system for me.

The issue is, he would like to do both with two different quotes, each under $5000.  Over 5k requires a ROI calculation, which is 'difficult and time consuming to get approved'.

Does NI run any specials on the Pro version that would put it under $5000?

Does it make sense that he would want to upgrade when he already has the application builder toolkit?

Thanks.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,053 Views)

@metzler wrote:

Does NI run any specials on the Pro version that would put it under $5000?

This is probably something you need to discuss with you local sales representative. Do you want to keep it at 2014 or go to 2020?

@metzler wrote:

Does it make sense that he would want to upgrade when he already has the application builder toolkit?

Pro has a few more features over "Full + App builder", mostly in the "Software Engineering Tools" section (Details). it only makes sense if he needs these tools. The "diff&merge" might be useful if both of you share code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(984 Views)

I am sure he wants to go to LV2020, as he is a software programmer, but doesn't do much with LV.  

I contacted NI and received a name, left messages and have yet to get a response.  I will try texting, so he doesn't think it is a spam call.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(912 Views)