LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property nodes chart align

Hi,
I am displaying data from 4 channels each on a seperate chart. I am using plot area and position property nodes to fix the size of each of these charts.
I need auto-scaling but because of this, the charts are not aligned properly.
Is there a way to fix the beggining of the plot area such that all the charts are aligned properly ?
I am using LabView 7.1

Michel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,608 Views)
For a chart or graph, each X or Y scale has a Range property node that includes Maximum, Minimum, Increment, Minor Increment, Start. You would need to use property nodes, one as a source to read and then write to the others. This could get a bit involved if you need to find out which chart has the lowest values and a different one has the largest.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,588 Views)

I'm a little confused by your description. Are you moving the plot areas around during run-time? Otherwise, why would you explicitly set the plot area size and position during run-time, rather than using edit-mode alignment operations shown below:

Also, auto-scaling on your graph shouldn't change its size or position. It might help if you posted a VI that demonstrated some of your concerns.

Message Edited by Jarrod S. on 03-31-2006 11:09 AM

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,588 Views)

I am using a NI cRIO 9215.

The user might choose how many channels he want to acquire

I need auto-scaling the Y axis, but because of this, the charts are not aligned properly.

Depending on the value on Y axis, two (ore more) charts may have different bounds ( because I setted the plot area property node)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,576 Views)

It sounds like with autoscaling on, the Y-scale range  will occationally and when this does the plotting area is shifting to allow the Y-axis units to be shown.

Try checking the "use minimum field width"

See image below.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-31-200602:55 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(2,567 Views)
I dont know the nature of the signals and how the user will calibrate them...
I had tried this solution, but it worked only in a static way...

And if I put a long space, I will be loosing a lot of area that could be used...

This message help me...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,559 Views)