LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper use of stacked sequence structure

@JÞB wrote:
There is no "proper" use case for a SSS.

I agree. The benefit (skipping a comparison) is very slight to the downsides (harder to read code, inflexibility, maintainability and so on). If you're hunting those clock cycles of performance your problem probably lies elsewhere. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(572 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Thats like saying "Remove Globals and Locals."  It really makes no sense.  Sure, the SSS, like Globals and Locals, can be abused.  And, unfortunatly often is!  But, it does provide a syntatactic element in LabVIEW that serves a unique purpose.  [...]

@JÞB wrote:

Yes there was a recient CS type discussion on the SSS, I started it.  I'm not really a CS guy.  

"Any sufficiently advanced [discussion] is indistinguishable from [Computer Science]" ~ paraphrase of Arthur C. Clarke's third law

I love lurking around those discussions.

<edit>

Hey!  It was YOU!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JÞB wrote:

Thats like saying "Remove Globals and Locals." It really makes no sense. Sure, the SSS, like Globals and Locals, can be abused. And, unfortunatly often is! But, it does provide a syntatactic element in LabVIEW that serves a unique purpose. [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's smart stuff, right there.  I don't even know what that means, and I can't recall that it was explained later in the thread.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(566 Views)

We can make you life a lot easier now that I know you are using an Agilent 34970.  That instrument will accept a channel list.  Meaning you don't have to do everything separately in loops.  Just make a list of all of your channels and do everything once.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 14
(545 Views)

Good morning

"We can make you life a lot easier now that I know you are using an Agilent 34970.  That instrument will accept a channel list.  Meaning you don't have to do everything separately in loops.  Just make a list of all of your channels and do everything once."

There is probably a way to do it in your suggestion as well, but as far as i can see it makes it a litle bit harder for me to start / stop the "batches" of reading seperately?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(512 Views)