LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

progress bar [case flat sequence]

I have case and inside this "flat sequence"; I need that progress bar will 'started' when I started case strocture and 'finish' when program comes to end of flat sequence; Any example for this; I was looking for MarqueeProgressBar...but it's not for me; I want bar like it's installing software...

(2,610 Views)

Show us some actual code instead of ambiguous words. How many frames?

(Maybe you cound ditch the flat sequence and replace it with a FOR loop iterating over the sequential states.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,609 Views)

Ok, no I cannot change anything, because this operating with some device via rs232 and it's now working perfect;

I delete some block, you see just structure, for test purpose you can add simple time delay;

dsd.PNG

(2,604 Views)

It is typically a really bad idea to block the main loop with long delays. Right now, the VI is unresponsive for extended time periods and cannot be stopped.

@hlod wrote:

Ok, no I cannot change anything, beacuse this operating with some device via rs232 and it's now working perfect;

It would be easy to re-architect the code without changing the basic operations. Even if it is working perfectly, it does not mean that the code is perfect. 😄

A dumb bandaid solution would be to place diagram constants and write to local variables of the progress bar in each frame.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,599 Views)