LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatically save run-time menu

Is it possible to save changes that are created programmatically to a run-time menu? I've build a fairly complicated menu programmatically, and I'd like to just save it, instead of building it on menu activation everytime.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,136 Views)
There is a VI class method called Save Run-Time Menu.

Sweet! Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Stars to you!
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,112 Views)

Anyone ho knows how to "Save Run-Time menu" when running the VI as an .exe
The method is not available in  "Run-Time Engine". 

Have a menu where i want to save a "Recent files" list and a couple of checkmark statuses.

/J

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,710 Views)

@std wrote:

Anyone ho knows how to "Save Run-Time menu" when running the VI as an .exe
The method is not available in  "Run-Time Engine". 

Have a menu where i want to save a "Recent files" list and a couple of checkmark statuses. 

This can be accomplished a different way.  Instead of saving and loading RTM files, just save and load the list of items to add in a config file of some kind.  Your RTM can contain File >> Recent Files and then nothing under that.  Then at run-time open a config file (maybe saved in the common files or app data folder) and using the Insert Menu Items load all the saved items into that sub menu item.  On exit you can of course saved back into that config file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,703 Views)

Yep i know.
Just seems like redundant work to create config file, build up menus(in code), etc.......

when it already exists a dedicated file format(.rtm), built in tool to create menus...  

but i guess i just have to bite the bullet...

/J

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,696 Views)

You know what that is a good point.  That should be submitted to the Idea Exchange, I'd vote for it even if I'm not sure I'd use it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,694 Views)