From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmatically modify VIs properties

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to programmatically modifiy the properties of a groupe of VI.

In fact, what I want to do is quite simple, I´ve just finished an application (of about 100 VIs) for a customer, and shipped an exe ; so now I´d like to modify the "VI revision history" settings for all the VIs (source code) so that from now on, I can easily keep track of all the modifications.

Any trick to do that ? Maybe with scripting ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,483 Views)
hi there

attached is a melt down simple vi that lets you manipulate a list of selected vis (vis have to be in memory).
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 2 of 5
(2,475 Views)
Thanks chris, you´re a legend Smiley Very Happy !

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,468 Views)
Hi TiTou,
Is this, what you needed? because I understood it in the way to put one revision- comment programmatically to all VIs of a certain project or App. And I couldn't find a way to do this.
Greets, Dave

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,457 Views)
Hi Dave,

The VI posted by Chris does what I what (it turns on the "prompt for comment when saved") which is slightly different from adding a comment to all the VIs 😉

In my case, I've sent the built app to my customer and the source will stay on my company's server, this is just to make sure that if for some reason somebody modify and save a source VI, a comment will be added 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,453 Views)