LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program for automatic switching of channels

hi, i am working on project using labview programming.. how to develop a program for automatic switching of channels.. the channel should from one to other once it receives the signal from hardware.. i am using ni pci 8513 can card..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,786 Views)

There's not nearly enough information in your post. What kind of channels are you switching? What are you switching them with? The signal fron the hardware is it analog? digital? Is that hardware under the control of your LV program?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 13
(3,761 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply....i am switching temperature channels i.e.,of thermocouple channels 0 to 2500 deg celsius 16 channels of these..and RTD 8 channels 0 to 250 deg celsius.. 14 pressure channels -1 to 3 bar.... labview program should do automatic switching and control of these channels.. the signals are analog...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,737 Views)

The Keithley will be doing both the switching and the measurements. There are LV drivers available for the instrument and in them you will find VIs for selecting the input to read and making the readings. At its most basic, all you need to do is put these functions inside a loop where you select a channel and make a reading. Set the loop to iterate once for each channel you want to read.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,733 Views)

Thanks for d feedback..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,716 Views)
HI,
     This is shiny.. I m working on a project using labview programming.
I m using Ni pci card 8513. The hardware modules i m interfacing labview pc are advanced process calibrator 620, pressure calibrator pace 5000 and keithley dmm/switching.
I need to give temperature values 0 to 1200 deg celsius (thermocouple) divided into 16 channels, 0 to 250 deg celsius (RTD) divied into 14 channels from process calibrator dpi 620 and pressure -0.3 to 10 bar from pressure calibrator divided into 8 channels . once the labview program recieves the signals keithley system switches between the channels. How      
can i proceed with the programming ..can u give the feedback on it...                        

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,674 Views)

You have not attached any code so how do you expect any feedback on it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,658 Views)

hi,

i have develop a code to convert thermocouple voltage to temperature... how to plot the values of voltage and temperature in a x- y graph

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,621 Views)

You didn't like the thermocouple conversion VI that comes with LabVIEW?Smiley Wink

Place an XY Graph on a block diagram and from the block diagram, look at the context help for it to see how it should be wired. There are also examples to look at. If you want a graph in your example with the scalars you have, then you would need a couple of shift registers to hold the x and y arrays you need to build. You also have the Express XY Graph.

Message 9 of 13
(3,608 Views)

hi,

thanks for the reply.. how can get thermocouple conversion in labview

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,573 Views)