LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with start trigger

HI all,

I would be grateful if there is someone can help me to sort out this problem.

Short explanation:  I an trying to do synchronization between two chassis by using PFI cable trigger, but the start trigger is not working .

Long explanation: I have two chassis , one chassis has generators and other chassis has receivers. I am sending rf signal(Power sweep) from the generator to the receiverer, but there is no synchronization between these two chassis, So I am trying to synchronize them by using start trigger as mentioned in figure 1, but it shows me an error as mentioned in figure 2. I know that there is no hardware issues to prevent do like this kind of trigger and I am sure there is a problem in my code which is difficult for me to figure out what it is? any advice to solve this issue. Thanks in advance 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,996 Views)

Hi Al-Rawachy,

It could be because you aren't putting the output of the trigger function back into the instrument handle array. Try using Replace Array Subset to replace index 0 of the array with the output of the Configure Trigger function.

If that doesn't fix the problem then let me know and I can have a deeper look at it. If the issue is urgent then I would recommend opening a service request with us if you have SSP.

Kind regards

Pete

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,906 Views)

Hi Al-Rawachy,

I have heard this is being handled somewhere else, if you have a solution I'd recommend posting the answer here so people can search and find it at a later date.

All the best

Pete

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,819 Views)

Hi Pete,

Sorry for being late to answer you, I was in vacation last week, anyway, yeah I really found the solution.

I discovered that when I run the code in highlited (slow speed) the program runs properly, in contrast with normal speed I got error. Thus I added flat sequence to the nitclk initiate as mentioned in the attached file. and the error has gone. 

regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,773 Views)