From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with play waveform VI

Dear all,

I have a waveform which i am trying to listen with Play Waveform VI.

But i get an error during excution saying "the sound driver or card does not support the desired operation" .

I have DirectX 10 installed on my system .

what could be the remedy ?

Thanks,

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,088 Views)

Hi,

Could you attach your VI please ?It will be easier for us to help you.

This problem may happen if you try to use compressed sound file. If so, try to convert your compressed sound file back.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,070 Views)

Hi,

i just created an array of random numbers and feed it into Play Waveform VI.

i m attaching my VI here. Pls take a look at it.

Thanks, Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,059 Views)

ritesh024 wrote:

Dear all,

I have a waveform which i am trying to listen with Play Waveform VI.

But i get an error during excution saying "the sound driver or card does not support the desired operation" .

I have DirectX 10 installed on my system .

what could be the remedy ?

Thanks,

Ritesh

The remedy is to use a proper waveform, not an array of 1000 random numbers. At a minimum you need to provide a dt. What that value should be is something you will need to determine based on whatever you're trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,050 Views)
Double click on the express vi icon, and test it. You should hear a tone. Also testing with 1000 samples is not smart. You will not hear any thing. If you use 40 Khz (aprox) you will have 1/40 seconds with sound. With this express vi you do not need to set dt. The express Vi set the sample rate by default 22050 samples pr second. I suggest you get rid of the express vi by converting it to a standard vi. This way you have more control

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,032 Views)

Hi Ritesh,

I agree with t06afre it is useful to convert this VI to a standard VI. You can do this by right clicking on the the Express VI t selecting Open Front Panel then click Convert. Then you'll be able to do all the modification you want on this VI.

Also I invite you to take a look at this links : Play Waveform Express VI     play waveform problem

Regards,

Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,011 Views)

Got the same problem when I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 in my application. It seems to be with limitation on supported frequencies.

In windows XP all frequencies worked, but in Windows 7 I only managed to get some frequencies to work (e.g. 55.2kHz, 25.6kHz, 12.8kHz. and so on).

I used to play a recording from a NI-9233-card recording 25kHz.

The quick fiks is to play the 25kHZ signal with 25.6kHz (The best would be to resample it, since this quick fix will giv a sligtly higher frequency in the playback, but not a problem in my application).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,548 Views)