LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with DAQ assistant on LABVIEW.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LABVIEW student edition. I needed to use NI USB 6008 to acquire signal but I dont see "DAQ Assitant" on the Express>Input in the block diagram tile  any time I open a new VI. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,224 Views)

Were the DAQmx device drivers installed from the device drivers DVD?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,221 Views)

yes. The driver was installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,218 Views)

Do you have any of the regular DAQmx functions?

If LabVIEW was installed first, and the device driver DVD afterwards, there is no reason the DAQ assistant shouldn't be there unless your installation was corrupted.  In which case I'd say you need to repair the installation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,213 Views)

Thanks for your reply. So how do I go about the repair? Though I tried re-installing the driver, but the system was telling that the driver has already been installed so I couldnt go further.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,203 Views)

Hi KDGREAT,

To repair your DAQmx installation, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.  From there select Uninstall/Change on the National Instruments Software entry.  This should bring up a window that allows you to select the NI-DAQmx X.X.X product and then Repair.

Have a great day,

Chris

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,192 Views)

I have repaired the software as advised but it did not solve the problem. I still dont have DAQ Assistant on my Express VI. Pls I need help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,171 Views)

What version of LabVIEW and what version of DAQmx do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,162 Views)

I have LabVIEW 2010 Student edition and DAQmx 9.0.2.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,149 Views)

The first version of DAQmx that was compatible with 2010 was 9.1.5. The current is 9.2.3.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,145 Views)