From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in configuration part of pxie 5170r

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm trying to run pxie 5170r "stream to host (sample project)" , but after seconds it is shown  the following error that is attached in pic number 1.

i found out this error caused by register fifo in picture number 2. but i don't know why?   

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,971 Views)

Hey meh1011,

Could you provide a screenshot of your MAX configuration or a MAX Technical Report? It would be useful to see what cards and software stack are in the system. Which version of the IDLs for Reconfigurable Scopes are you using? The "undefined hardware error" is unfortunately not super specific, but do we have reason to believe the card itself is working incorrectly? Tests for this:

- Does the card pass self-test/self-calibration in MAX?

- Does the NI-Scope Soft Front Panel work?

- Do other examples work on this card?

- Does this example work correctly on other, identical cards?

- Does changing which slot the card is in affect the behavior?

Best,

Daniel K.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(2,901 Views)

Hi Daniel

thanks for your good tips.

NI-SCOPE15.1.1 & IDL 15.0 are installed

- Does the card pass self-test/self-calibration in MAX? 

self-test was successfully done , but self-calibration has error -52018 

- Does the NI-Scope Soft Front Panel work?

No,it doesn't . it has an error: "the session handle is not valid"

- Do other examples work on this card?

No

- Does this example work correctly on other, identical cards?

yes it does

- Does changing which slot the card is in affect the behavior?

No in other slots it has error -52018

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by meh1011

Hello meh1011,

Based on those answers, I'm leaning toward a hardware failure as the cause of the problem. Passing self-test but not self-calibration is usually indicative that we don't have a software problem or mismatched drivers. Does MAX report the firmware versions for the working/non-working cards? This should be automatically updated by the driver, but if they are mismatching that might help identify the root cause for RMA.

Best,

Daniel K.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Message 4 of 5
(2,885 Views)

Hello,

I am using PXIe-5170 and I got exactly the same situation as meh1011 reported above.  Self-test is passed but self calibration fails with the error code -52018.  SFP does not work, as well as Scope initialization VI with reset == TRUE.  Is RMA the only option to resolve this?

Regards,

Osamu 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,462 Views)