From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem doing a .EXE

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I have ordered to create an executable from the work of a colleague, is my first job in labview so I'm a little newbie.

I keep this manual to create

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3303/en

I  do the application but then it deas't recognize the card connected to the computer. (without the executable works perfectly from labview)

I get 3 warnings when i create the. EXE, and LabVIEW duplicates some basics vi's (matrix operations), and I created 3 folders where I generate the executable.

Any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,320 Views)

by the way, the warning is the following.

LabVIEW prevented a file name collision during the build. Duplicate file names cannot be copied to the same destination. You can rename files as part of the build process to avoid name conflicts.

The following files were moved to a unique location:

C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Support\RealMatrix\RealMatrix.ctl
C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Datatypes\RealMatrix.ctl
C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Support\ComplexMatrix\ComplexMatrix.ctl
C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Datatypes\ComplexMatrix.ctl
C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Numeric\Subtract\Subtract - RM,RM.vi
C:\Archivos de programa\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Support\RealMatrix\Methods\Numeric.llb\Subtract - RM,RM.vi

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,298 Views)

@DSouto wrote:

I  do the application but then it deas't recognize the card connected to the computer. (without the executable works perfectly from labview)

What's the error message you get from the EXE?

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,281 Views)

Hi Marco, thanks for answering.

I have not errors with the exe, the problem is if I execute the exe, i can see the main application, but it is not capable to recognize the com port (my card is conected by COM port).

I'm using a MC56F8037 FreeScake card (input) ( http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/data_sheet/MC56F8037.pdf ) to send signals to another card designed for my enterprise, and in this second card where I get the outputs.

The thing is, with Labview, without using the .exe, it works perfectly, i can conect the card using the COM port, modify the value of the signal etc. but when I build the exe, i can't.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,272 Views)