From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

potential bug report (LV 2011): new input/output not updated in help window

A little bit later, kind of the opposite situation:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 53
(922 Views)

Does it make a difference if the context help window is open or closed while you edit the connector pane? A quick test on my installation seemed to show that the help isn't updating if it's not open.

jattas

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 53
(903 Views)

My Help Window is pretty much always open, so no, it doesn't make any difference. Note that if you read the whole thread, it is more than just a lack of Help Window update. There is another annoying bug that prevents from relinking to the edited VI. This is a serious issue (I mean, there are simple workarounds, but this is still an annoyance).

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 53
(896 Views)

I am getting the same behavior.  I had another post.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/linking-control-to-terminals-on-connector-pane/m-p/1708348/highlight...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
Message 34 of 53
(882 Views)

Just noticing something: when we click on a connector AND THE HELP WINDOW FUNCTIONS AS EXPECTED, is the selected input (or output) highlighted in the help window? I can't remember (and I can't check since my help window is dead)...

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 53
(845 Views)

In LabVIEW 8.6, the connector will flash in the help window when you have the wire tool over the corresponding connector.  Note, only the rectangle/square for the connector pad blinks, not any of the words.  This only occurs when the VI is called as a subVI.  If you are working in the VI, and hold the wire tool over the connector pane, the help window will not highlight the connector.

I see the same bahavior in LabVIEW 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 53
(842 Views)

It just dawned on me that it would be useful to have the whole thing blink or something...

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 53
(839 Views)

What do you think about this one:

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

It is LV 2011, but where did the icon go? Smiley Very Happy

Actually, as a matter of fact, it appears that this is not the only VI to experience this interesting mutation:

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 53
(822 Views)

I have the same problem.

Sometimes a new VI will NOT show the new connections I've made in the connector pane.

Saving the VI, running it, or including it as a subVI in another VI won't help.

Changing the layout of the connector-pane usually helps.

Very annoying nasty little bug!

Jens

(running LV 2011f2 32bit on Win64bit)

Kudos are welcome...
Message 39 of 53
(805 Views)

Has NI acknowledged this as a bug yet?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 53
(780 Views)