Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post messages

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks a lot really for all that 🙂

but i am having two  questions

1)how did you knew that the seed 1AF966 would give me output bitstream ???

2) i think that my primitive polynomial is of degree seven so isn't the seed should be of just 7 registers and each register contain just 1 binary bit ???

I hope you can just help me with this sort of problem as its a little bit confusing and i want to know the logic of solutions for my two questions if you don't mind

FInally Thanks Thanks again in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aomine

Hi Aomine,

I'm happy to help.

I believe that the seed can be whatever you want it to be regardless of the degree of your polynomial. It simply specifies the initial state. I took a look at your reference and saw where it started to repeat. I've attached a picture (SeedReference.PNG) where I've outlined the bits. You'll notice that after 21 bits, the pattern repeats (as expected). Therefore, the first 21 bits are your seed. Convert those first 21 bits to hex and you get 1AF966.

With the radix visible on your front panel numeric control, you can change the representation between Hex and Binary. So I switched the representation to binary, typed in the 21 bits that I circled in the attached image, then changed the radix representation back to Hex.

Let me know if that helps!

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(1,434 Views)

Really Thanks a lot about your help now really i understand it  , but one more question if you don't mind which is 

should i see my output inorder to see where is the repitition to enter it as a seed ???

as i am now want to extend it to of degree 17 which gives my output bitstream 131071 bits which i can't look at them to find where the sequence repeat to take the repitition and put it as a seed  , i hope you got my point of view 

I Really apperciate your Help 

Thanks A lot 😄 😄

Aomine

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,428 Views)

When your other program returns the bit stream, do you specify an initial state or seed? I imagine you should be able to use that same initial state as the seed for this VI.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,419 Views)

My other program only takes the Primitive Polynomial and the initial state for the registers and give the output bitstream but when i try to put this initial state as a seed for this Block it don't give the same output bit stream as from my Matlab code 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,415 Views)

Excuse me or do you mean that i should take the output bit stream from the Matlab and then take the repeated sequence to be used as a seed for the MT Generate bits.vi ?

Thanks in advance 

Aomine

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,411 Views)

Here is the Stream of the output and you can find that it repeats every 546 bits so how can i generate this using the Mt generate bits.Vi if the Primitive polynomial is 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 

Thanks in advance 

Aomine

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,385 Views)

Would you mind also posting the exact MATLAB function call that produced that bitstream? Thanks for finding where it repeated. That helps!

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,375 Views)

Sure here you are the matlab code and use the Generator as  1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,363 Views)

Aomine,

Can you convert the bitstream output that you are getting into a hex value?

For the first example, can you confirm that you are able to get the same result from your MATLAB script that you get with the same primitive polynomial and seed (or "input" in your case) with our MT Generate Bits VI?

Thanks, Aomine. I'm still looking into this.

Robert B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,334 Views)