LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

position indoors

Does any one know how i can determine a  position indoors  it has to be within 1 cm accurate

you must see it like large room let say 50  x50 x 3 meters

how do i determine a certain postion

i want to calc where a certain item is

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,421 Views)

You need to provide more information than that.

Is this some kind of math question?  Or are you using some hardware to measure the location of an object?  If so, what hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,420 Views)

ok sorry

well i think we can manage the math  ,the question  is more wich hardware is possible to do,

outdoors this is not a problem only indoors we do not see   with   what kind of hardware ,and posible location with that hardware you could do that

its a open space and and you can not point somthing to that certain location it has to find it himselve ( the hardware i mean) 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,394 Views)

The first two things that come to mind are laser distancing devices, and ultrasound emiters and receivers.

If you were to look around, I'm sure there would be laser devices with analog or digital communications

(3,382 Views)

still that no option   see it  as a robot moving around and want to know its postion

how can he find his postion? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,359 Views)

If you don't want to use a laser then you could set up some radio frequency transmitters in the corners of the room, and triangulate your position from these, with a receiver on your robot.

If you know the size of the room you are using, then laser measuring would probably still be more accurate.

(3,356 Views)

well room is about 50x50 meters

and how do you determine indoors with sound your postion?

personaly i have no idea    with all the reflections

can you give me a hint or formula do do this

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,349 Views)

Search the web for the DARPA Grand Challenge. Most of the winners were using a laser gizmo to do what you are asking (look for a white box mounted on top or front of vehicles). I wrote a driver for one of those some years ago. It uses a laser that spins and measures distance to the frist thing it encounters. I think it was a "Slick 50" but my memory is not to be trusted.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 10-13-2008 10:55 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,343 Views)
sorry ben did look at at still have no idea  how to determine a position  indoors
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,316 Views)