From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop up window error message

Hello,

Can somebody explain to me what are those two error code mean from the attach code? Untitled 2 is the main code and untitled 1 is the sub vi.

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,081 Views)

Your Boolean control ("Boolean") is False, so your code tries to close the front panel using a reference to a VI from a Local variable that doesn't contain a valid VI reference.  It won't contain a valid VI reference until you change "Boolean" to True.

You can wrap the FP.Close code in a Case structure and use Not A Number/Path/Refnum? to decide whether to execute it or not.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,074 Views)

I wraped a case structure on the close statement, I still get an error code 1198 and 1149.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,060 Views)

Why is it in a loop running as fast as possible?

Why is it trying to open and run the same VI over and over if the button is True?

Are you trying to test out some concepts with this main VI?  If so, the loop architecture is causing you more problems with your test than the things you are trying to learn by running the test.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,056 Views)

I am trying to create a pop up window when a button is pressed. The pop up window is an another VI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,052 Views)

I usually make my dialog vis responsible for their own FP State to avoid non-running non closeable modal vis from blocking the app instance.  I even have a tmplate for them since the express vis all use polling.

Dialog_BD.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 7
(3,042 Views)

Thanks Brian!  I was searching for that post.  Now I have a tag!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,768 Views)