LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor quality CW 3d graphs

Imaes2.zip

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 11 of 15
(1,615 Views)

This is a snapshot I found of the software taking the numerous 2D slices and creating a 3D model from them:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/BreakPoint/7571/2/Poly_large.jpg

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 12 of 15
(1,612 Views)

@Ben: Thanks again, I will look at the issues you mentioned. Please enjoy your weekend and don't worry about it as there is no hurry whatsoever. Furthermore, other forum posts seem to indicate that LV will drop CW support anyway. So I was looking into a totally different approach, namely using System Exec.vi to call an external program. But I haven't really dug deeply into it yet. So the CW approach might take second priority.

Besides, frankly it's not worth spending that much of your time on it unless I give you the real dataset (1280*300*300) and an abbreviated version of the huge vi that goes with the real dataset. (There's a reason I'm making dummy code and dummy data.) There are lots of ways to generate a sphere, I've been regaling my professor with emails of spheres generated from various programs. (he wanted a sphere, I aim to please) But I've got to keep my eyes on the prize, which is this: (the one on the left is generated by external program, the one on the right is CW version)

3d.png

In summary, I'll find out which of the two approaches is my first priority based on feedback from colleagues.

Today's Friday so I doubt much of anything will happen.

-----------------------------

@Thoric: that is way cool. Thanks for posting it, I'm sure it will be super useful to many visitors. I am truly learning at the feet of the masters, standing on the shoulders of giants, etc.

Message 13 of 15
(1,605 Views)

What are we looking at in those images?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,596 Views)

Artery

Message 15 of 15
(1,586 Views)