LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting in polar coordinate

Solved!
Go to solution
In my program, I manage to obtain the radius and degree (r and theta), how can I plot or draw a line passing through that point? Even if i convert it to cartessian coordiantes i cannot use the IMAQ FitLine. vi because it need more than one point. Does any body have any dea on how to do so?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NEVCH
Well, you'll have to define a second point, because there are infinite lines that can pass through a single point.  It sounds like you know what the second point is, even if you don't realize it.  Does it have to go through (0,0), or it has to be horizontal, vertical, tangent, etc?  That answer should give you a method to get a second point.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,416 Views)
I would have infinite lines crossing a point  if i were to use the y=mx+b describing my line. If I use the polar coordinate to describe my line then I will have only one line passing through that point. my r is with respect to the origin as well as my angle.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,389 Views)
A single point does not a line define, regardless of whether you use cartesian or polar coordinates. The coordinate system has no bearing on the existence, or lack thereof, of a line. As you yourself said, your other point is the origin, as Matthew alluded to.
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 04-04-2010 12:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,381 Views)