From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot multiple 3d

Can someone tell me how to  reshape 3 1D arrays to one 2D array that contains the z matrix for a3D plot?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(2,773 Views)

Hi Ziedhosni,

What do those 1D arrays represent? The x, y, and z arrays? If those 3 1D arrays are just your x, y, and z values then you will just need to use the 3D curve.vi as suggested previously. If they are not can you clairfy what those arrays represent?

hfar2

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(2,723 Views)

Hello,

I tried to use the 3D curve.vi as attached to this text. I can see the 5 concaces plots but unfortunately it is less beautiful and messier than the 3D mesh that requires the z matrix instead of the z vector.

My objective is to merge a coloured surface made of ( x,y,z) (varying from the blue to red according to the value of z) with a number of points in black that I can distinguish from the surface. Do you think it is posible to merge the mesh 3D with the 3D stem.vi for example?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,697 Views)

And  what you want to get?
Surface or points on "column"?

You have 1000 points in arrays. Do you really think that you'll see anything on the "stem" plot?
Try "Basic Properties VI" for dots.

Or maybe you want enveloping surface for set of points?

plot.png

Message 14 of 22
(2,673 Views)

I would like to get ideally a surface that is half transparant andthat is coloured from the blue to the red and in addition to the suface some points are marked on this surface or out side of it that can be bold and black to distinguish them from the surface.

You are right that the way of adding 1000 points will make the graph very complicated but unfortunately the mesh and the surface vi didn't work for me as they need those z matrix that I failed to generate from  3 arrays of 1D (x,y,z) that are not integers.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,651 Views)

If you wish to get surface, you should understand it form.
And should have 2d array of points.
Instead of that you are trying to draw "heap" of points.
Do you have equation of surface?

Message 16 of 22
(2,643 Views)

Yes I have the equation. It is z=x^2+y^2

I would like to draw this surface and I would like to add some discrete points to the 3D space to see if they are included in the surface or far from it and how much far.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,631 Views)

And what's the problem?

xy.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,616 Views)

Здравствуйте)
Подскажите, как у вас получился такой график? Мне нужно совместить два 3D графика, в идеале на Stem 3D. С одним Stem все супер, но для совмещения все рекомендуют использовать set_plots.vi, но ссылка с Stem 3D туда не подходит. Я сделал совмещение графика с точками, но мне уж очень надо вид как на гистограмме.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,487 Views)

Show your code and describe what you need

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,482 Views)